Muslim / Gypsy burial conflict - The facts

N

Newboy

Last week one of our regular bigots started a thread titled

"Muslim tolerance - not even in death"

The usual cronies joined in condemning the (un-named) Muslim family and expressing disgust that the body was to be exhumed.

Last night the parish council responsible for the cemetery met and issued the following statement.

The first line of the statement reads an "inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article" .Please read right to the end - including the part where it is noted that a formal complaint has been made to both the newspaper and the IPSO.

STATEMENT
10th February 2015
In response to the article published in The Hinckley Times (5th February 2015)

Dispute of grave plots after burial of Gypsy, a spokesperson for Burbage Parish Council said:

An inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article printed in The Hinckley Times appeared to indicate that Burbage Parish Council has considered the
exhumation of a person recently interred at Burbage Cemetery – this is totally untrue and without foundation.
A number of years ago the Parish Council received correspondence from a
Burbage resident requesting that provision be made at Burbage Cemetery for Muslim Burials. The Council were able to accommodate this request by facilitating swift arrangements for burial, providing a particular orientation to the grave and providing a larger size grave plot. The first Muslim burial at Burbage Cemetery took place several months ago.

More recently a non-Muslim family with special requirements, which could be met by the provisions already put in place, were allocated the next grave plots within the same area of the Cemetery. Unfortunately a number of complaints followed and the Council initiated their correct procedures and considered the matter carefully.

Burbage Parish Council has sought to resolve this matter in a fair and transparent manner and has had extensive dialogue with both families concerned. We have also taken extensive legal advice on all matters associated with the issues raised.

Burbage Cemetery is a non-denominational, multi-faith facility and requests from all communities living in and around Burbage will be treated equally and fairly in line with our policies and the law.
At a meeting held 10th February 2015 the Council’s existing policy was confirmed.
“The Parish Council regrets any distress.”
ENDS

It was noted that official complaints had been submitted directly to The Hinckley Times and to the Independent Press Standards Organisation who were investigating.

Sponsored Links
And do you think there's a response en-route from

handyjack
whitespirit66
norcon
JBR
jockscott
cajar

I won't be holding my breath!

Well researched, newboy.

BNR you forgot to have a go at him for his blatant failure to provide a link.

As you have said in the past, without reference to the original source, it could all have been made up. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Last week one of our regular bigots started a thread titled

"Muslim tolerance - not even in death"

The usual cronies joined in condemning the (un-named) Muslim family and expressing disgust that the body was to be exhumed.

I don't remember anyone saying (other than the newspaper) that a body was to be exhumed. Did you make that up?

More recently a non-Muslim family with special requirements, which could be met by the provisions already put in place, were allocated the next grave plots within the same area of the Cemetery. Unfortunately a number of complaints followed and the Council initiated their correct procedures and considered the matter carefully.

Who were the complainants?

Just a thought - why don't you re-read your original thread - I think your memory must be failing!

As to who the complainants were - I don't do conjecture!

No - it means I don't do conjecture and I'm not psychic.

Not only do I not know who they were, I don't know what the nature of the complaint was.

I leave second guessing to you and your fellow bigots.

Well done for trying to extend your original argument even based on an "inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article"

No - it means I don't do conjecture and I'm not psychic.

Not only do I not know who they were, I don't know what the nature of the complaint was.

I leave second guessing to you and your fellow bigots.

Well done for trying to extend your original argument even based on an "inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article"

You do make me laugh. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm very happy that I made you happy!

And even happier that you avoid the questions - must be a genetic trait in bigots.

I'm very happy that I made you happy!

And even happier that you avoid the questions - must be a genetic trait in bigots.

Expecting an answer to a question that does't warrant an answer must be a trait of an Islamapologist.

With your ability to avoid answering questions and creating new words you really should be a politician.

Go on, force yourself, condemn an act of violence or apologise for peddling and promoting half truths.

You know the old saying - it takes a big man to apologize.

Big man or small bigot?

Sponsored Links
Back