Muslim / Gypsy burial conflict - The facts

Well you could try an un-slanted, non-denominational, one.

Or you could try the second half of my suggestion.

My response was to JBR by the way - I know that a straight apology isn't going to happen.

Can you clarify who this is directed at?

Sponsored Links
STATEMENT
10th February 2015
In response to the article published in The Hinckley Times (5th February 2015)

A number of years ago the Parish Council received correspondence from a
Burbage resident requesting that provision be made at Burbage Cemetery for Muslim Burials. The Council were able to accommodate this request by facilitating swift arrangements for burial, providing a particular orientation to the grave and providing a larger size grave plot. The first Muslim burial at Burbage Cemetery took place several months ago.

More recently a non-Muslim family with special requirements, which could be met by the provisions already put in place, were allocated the next grave plots within the same area of the Cemetery. Unfortunately a number of complaints followed and the Council initiated their correct procedures and considered the matter carefully.

Burbage Parish Council has sought to resolve this matter in a fair and transparent manner and has had extensive dialogue with both families concerned. We have also taken extensive legal advice on all matters associated with the issues raised.

Burbage Cemetery is a non-denominational, multi-faith facility and requests from all communities living in and around Burbage will be treated equally and fairly in line with our policies and the law.
At a meeting held 10th February 2015 the Council’s existing policy was confirmed.
“The Parish Council regrets any distress.”
ENDS

It was noted that official complaints had been submitted directly to The Hinckley Times and to the Independent Press Standards Organisation who were investigating.

Summarising...

Council received request for muslim burial area.

Council were able to accommodate request.

Muslim burial proceeded some months ago.

Subsequently, non-muslim burial in "next grave plots".

Number of complaints followed.

Council initiated correct procedures,and considered matter carefully.

Council has tried to be fair.

Council has had extensive dialogue with both families.

Council has taken extensive legal advice.

Council is really equal and fair.

Council had a meeting, where Council confirmed its policy.

Council is really sorry for upsetting anyone.

Which basically means, b*****r all.

Totally non-committal politico speak.

But:
Julie Perrin, principle officer for Burbage Parish Council, yesterday described the initial complaint from the Muslim family as “strongly worded” and “vociferous".

Sponsored Links
It's still most probable that the reason was religious bigotry.

And still the bigots second guess with no basis in fact.

What utter drivel.

1. I'm not a bigot - I take a fair minded view of issues regardless of the race / colour etc of the participants.

2. To say my conclusion above is a "second guess" is ridiculous.

And Handyjack actually posted this statement in his earlier thread

"A Romany Gypsy family face having to exhume the body of a recently-buried relative because of a row over grave plots at Burbage Cemetery."

Which appears to have been untrue.

Or, as Burbage says, inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory; totally untrue and without foundation.

For some reason of his own Brigadier chose to edit out the first paragraph of the statement, which reads:

"An inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article printed in The Hinckley Times appeared to indicate that Burbage Parish Council has considered the exhumation of a person recently interred at Burbage Cemetery – this is totally untrue and without foundation. "

we don't want to argue with you, but it seems only fair to point out when you are writing lies. Or things that are "totally untrue and without foundation. "

And Handyjack actually posted this statement in his earlier thread

"A Romany Gypsy family face having to exhume the body of a recently-buried relative because of a row over grave plots at Burbage Cemetery."

Can you show me where I said that, or was I quoting from another source?

I love it when JohnD who said a HALAL slaughter man could be of any religion was proved wrong but refuses to admit it.

JohnD the master of:

For some reason of his own Brigadier chose to edit out the first paragraph of the statement, which reads:

"An inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article printed in The Hinckley Times appeared to indicate that Burbage Parish Council has considered the exhumation of a person recently interred at Burbage Cemetery – this is totally untrue and without foundation. "

Why would I repeat a falsehood, of a falsehood?

What are you trying to prove by me not quoting it?

I'm sticking to the facts, as reported from the Council meeting, kindly, by Newboy.

What is your problem?

Well go on then - give us the facts to support your assumption

The facts are in the thread, done to a death a thousand times, posted above etc.

My conclusion is just common sense and based on anyone's experience of muslim + the verified facts of this particular case.

But of course that's not good enough for the left wing internet warrior, who, on each new post, will erase the entire thread from his mind, and ignore everything he knows about muslims, just to demand 'the facts from which your assumption is based'.

A bit like finding a 2 year old with a face covered in chocolate, and wrappers over the floor...... everyone else can see the kid's eaten the chocolate.... mr left wing internet warrior would be demanding to see proof ie CCTV and a signed admission from the kid himself, before he'll accept anything. Must be a strange life.

described the initial complaint from the Muslim family as “strongly worded” and “vociferous".

Wouldn't expect them to be any other way way. They're always a special case. :rolleyes:

Surely the issue isn't whether the gypo family will have to exhume or not? It's that the ROP are throwing their weight around, and have made the request in the first place. Or what's the point of a multi-denomination cemetery?

Sponsored Links
Back