Muslim / Gypsy burial conflict - The facts

I'm prepared to believe that there is some good even in white atheists, and we should not condemn all of them for the actions of a minority.

Sponsored Links
This must be a record. The first line of the first post by the OP contained the words: "one of our regular bigots". What a good start!

Definition of "bigot" = a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

So which "bigots" are you referring to? Those who hold a different opinion to you, or those who hold a different opinion to those who hold a different opinion to you? :mrgreen:

I'm afraid that, beyond that, I cannot commend further on this thread, much as I'd like to, as discussions involving muslims are not permitted on this forum. This thread will, therefore, be deleted or locked before long.

I'm also prepared to believe that there is some good even in muslims, and we should not condemn all of them for the actions of a minority.

Over to you, JBR.

Sponsored Links
This must be a record. The first line of the first post by the OP contained the words: "one of our regular bigots". What a good start!

Definition of "bigot" = a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

So which "bigots" are you referring to? Those who hold a different opinion to you, or those who hold a different opinion to those who hold a different opinion to you? :mrgreen:

I'm afraid that, beyond that, I cannot commend further on this thread, much as I'd like to, as discussions involving muslims are not permitted on this forum. This thread will, therefore, be deleted or locked before long.

JBR, brilliant.

Go on, force yourself, condemn an act of violence You know the old saying - it takes a big man to apologize.

I condemn with every ounce of my feelings, the violent and sickening burning to death of captured pilot.

I condemn the violent beheading of journalists, the murder of men women and children for no good reason.

I condemn all violence. Irrespective of which religion carries it out.

Did I condemn enough?

Remarkable - two of the regular anti-Muslim posters appear.

Neither acknowledges the rubbish which they posted a few days ago, the avoid the truth & questions routine starts and then the mutual 'thanks' start to appear.

The bigots I'm referring too were listed earlier in this post.

As I suggested earlier

"Go on, force yourself, condemn an act of violence or apologise for peddling and promoting half truths. "

Poor old JBR, either through ignorance or wilfully, has invented his own inaccurate definition of the word.

OED "†1. A religious hypocrite; (also) a superstitious adherent of religion. Obs."

2a "A person considered to adhere unreasonably or obstinately to a particular religious belief, practice, etc."

2b " In extended use: a fanatical adherent or believer; a person characterized by obstinate, intolerant, or strongly partisan beliefs."

http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/18890?redirectedFrom=bigot#eid

I condemn the beheading of journalists, the murder of men women and children for no good reason.

Just out of interest, what do you think is a good reason for murder?!

Nice politicians answer there by the way!

This post is being thrust under people's noses like it's the lost enigma piece.

As far as I can tell, the only issue the council are objecting to is the claim they were considering exhumation. That's it.

It's still a fact that the muslim family complained to the council. It's still most probable that the reason was religious bigotry.

I condemn the beheading of journalists, the murder of men women and children for no good reason.

Just out of interest, what do you think is a good reason for murder?!

Hard one that.

Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human.

Nope can't think of a single good reason for murder.

Do you have any?

Well you could try an un-slanted, non-denominational, one.

Or you could try the second half of my suggestion.

My response was to JBR by the way - I know that a straight apology isn't going to happen.

Your words

"the murder of men women and children for no good reason"

My question was what was a good reason for murder - based on your words as quoted above

Sponsored Links
Back