Muslim Tolerance - Not Even in Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I was right. I stated my position, and think that is clear to most. Then you answer my questions with a question.

Nice diversionary tactic. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hmm. I was right. I stated my position, and think that is clear to most. Then you answer my questions with a question.

OK

I've stated my position on numerous occasions - including in this thread.

For the record what is your position?

Your question:
Are you too blind to see that the story that sparked this whole thread is an example of extreme bigotry? Or is it that it's just the right type of bigotry to fit your narrow view?
was rhetorical and didn't require an answer.
Nice dodge, wahtspirit.
It shows that you have no answer as to why you are so bigoted.
But I'm gald to see you're prepared to argue your corner now.

Sponsored Links
Funny old world isn't it? We criticise an inherently intolerant religion as is perfectly demonstrated in this case

Which religion do you think I was referring to?

Your post makes no sense

I didn't quote your post as I wasn't replying to it. It was a general quote about the subject of this thread - nothing to do with protestants. Unless perhaps the gypsy is one.

So you quoted my post and took my example of an intolerant Protestant and turned it into an example of Islam?

I notice you haven't yet replied to the direct question

Funny old world isn't it? We criticise an inherently intolerant religion as is perfectly demonstrated in this case

Which religion do you think I was referring to?

Your post makes no sense

I didn't quote your post as I wasn't replying to it. It was a general quote about the subject of this thread - nothing to do with protestants. Unless perhaps the gypsy is one.
So we assume, by elimination, you were responding to my post when you said:

So what is your answer?
What is your answer to why you are so bigoted?

In response to RNReindeer,
I suspect that the rules and regs of the cemetery would simply not allow it.
In fact, I suspect that the family need special permission to backfill the grave themselves.

It was, (and I suspect still is permitted), common practice at West Indian funerals for the men to backfill the grave whilst the women sing and wail for the deceased.

In response to RNReindeer,
I suspect that the rules and regs of the cemetery would simply not allow it.
In fact, I suspect that the family need special permission to backfill the grave themselves.

It was, (and I suspect still is permitted), common practice at West Indian funerals for the men to backfill the grave whilst the women sing and wail for the deceased.
Thanks Hugh. I was aware.
But in googling cemeteries yesterday, I had a fair recollection that occasionally "backfilling" was mentioned as "being allowed" so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it wasn't an automatic right.

Mind you, one would have to be a "jobsworth" to object to it.

Some cultures require that the grave is filled in while the family watch or they may wish to undertake the backfilling of the grave themselves. When families want this it is essential that the cemetery is made aware of their requirements when the burial is first arranged. This will ensure that the family's wishes are met and that their safety is protected during the backfilling process.

http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/cemeter...remations-frequently-asked-questions/[/QUOTE]
No one is allowed to trade or work in our cemeteries without the written permission of ICCS.
3.8.1 All excavation works and backfilling of graves is carried out by ICCS staff
unless backfilling by mourners is agreed with us. ICCS may allow family
backfilling to take place under their supervision if a family wishes to do this but prior approval must be given.
http://www.islington.gov.uk/publicr...-Camden-Cemetery-Regulations-2011.pdf[/QUOTE]

How is a multi-faith cemetery sustainable, in the long run?
Unless you are going to leave significant areas unused (which wouldn't be a good idea - we're already running out of burial plots in UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24283426), someone is going to end up next to someone their relatives will object to, at some point.

Just in support of earlier comments:
Slough Cemetery opened in 1932 and has been extended since that time. The Muslim section, XH, is located in the North East corner of the site:
The image below, taken in September 2008, clearly shows the different orientation of the graves on the Muslim section to meet the requirements of the local Muslim community:
http://www.slough.gov.uk/moderngov/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=7818[/QUOTE]

So you quoted my post and took my example of an intolerant Protestant and turned it into an example of Islam?

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about islam.

My original post also has a number of questions that you have swerved.

I pulled a line out of your post, not as a specific comment on NI, but to show that the world hasn't moved on. Whilst one problem with conflicting indigenous sides may have subsided, another bigger problem has been imported. This alien import is bigotry personified, which this thread demonstrates perfectly because of their intolerance to other groups or religions. When do they quit expecting special treatment?

This seems to be requiring a lot of explaining. Is it clear now?

:LOL: :LOL: Suddenly remembered he's supposed to have me on ignore. :LOL: :LOL:
This thread is not about Islam. It's about a problem in a cemetery for which racists are quick to blame Muslims.

No the thread isn't about Islam - it has been made exclusively about Islam by the usual bigoted posts - including the OP.

This thread is about a conflict over a grave (for reasons not yet known) by two families one of whom is a Muslim family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back