muslim policeman says no to guarding the isreali embassy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well then

the muslim police association ( :LOL: ) says he didnt want to do that duty > shame for him eh

imagine if all the police started saying where and when they would server or even better ? if the amed forces started being picky about where they could be based

he should have been sacked for not obeying orders

ps is there a christian police association :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Seems like a non-story to me though. I bet loads of people in loads of jobs get to express a preference for aspects of the job they would rather not do if cover was available, and it stays a private matter. Probably only got released into the public domain as he is a Muslim to start the whole merry-go-round over again.

And Yes, there is a Christian Police Association - http://www.cpauk.net/

Does the Jewish docter in A&E say "I'm not saving that guy's life - he's a Muslim"?

Sack the tw@

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest why can indians etc... opt to wear turbans instead of police hats, i mean if you apply to join the police force you know what the dress code is.
And would a muslim women be able to have her face covered so only her eyes are on show, ? ps with at police hat on. ;)

Where did you get the original story from, Slogger?

Appears 'The Sun' was doing its usual service for race relations.

Maybe try reading this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5410094.stm

I agree that if it was out of personal negative feelings towards Israel, he was still is obliged to carry out his duty and should have been made to carry out his posting or reprimanded for failing to do so if he did not.

However, it appears perfectly reasonable to me to state his reservations if he had concerns for his own or members of his family's safety, that other officers would not be subject to. Remember that, according to the above report, these concerns were raised at the height of the Israel/Lebanon conflict in August and he is also said to have Lebanese relatives. It would be left for the police authorities to decide upon what should be done.

Imagine the scenario where his picture guarding the Israeli Embassy is used by extremists of whatever faction to stir things up...himself and his family in Lebanon may well be at very real risk and, if anything were to happen, afterwards, no doubt, there would be people who'd say that the police had acted without much forethought.

I, just like most people here, I presume, don't know the full facts of the case, but from what I have read, it seems a perfectly reasonable course of action was taken.

When the IRA was doing its best to slot british servicemen/women during the troubles, I'm sure they (the British) were concerned over their safety, and that of their families - but they had a job to do. A job they signed-up for knowing it wasn't going to be an easy ride, knowing they were going to be placed in dangerous situations, and that possible reprisals would be made against their loved ones if personal details were leaked/obtained.

I agree we don't know all the facts, and because he's a Muslim is possibly why it's been brought to the publics attention - but he's got a job to do. If his religion doesn't allow him to fulfill his duties - then his employment should be terminated.

This is not a racist response - I expect the services entrusted to protect society to train/employ only those people who are able and willing to take the associated risks.

HandyHands said:
....I expect the services entrusted to protect society to train/employ only those people who are able and willing to take the associated risks.

I agree.

It was not the officer's decision to make and, from the statements the police have made so far, it was not him that took that decision. He did have every right to give his concerns and then abide by their decision; or else not abide by the decision and face the consequences.

Its common sense, if the manpower is available, to replace someone who's very presence might be used to inflame tensions. This is not the officer's decision, but the police authority's.

If you look at it the other way, it'd be sensible to judiciously use black or asian officers in certain circumstances, if available, as opposed to only white officers.

Slogger...can you quote me where the officer concerned has said 'No to guarding the Israeli Embassy' or is that just a sensationalised distortion of the facts?

Noodlz wrote,
Slogger...can you quote me where the officer concerned has said 'No to guarding the Israeli Embassy' or is that just a sensationalised distortion of the facts?
In all fairness Slogger did actually say this.
the muslim police association ( ) says he didnt want to do that duty > shame for him eh
Saying you don't want to do something and saying NO are not really the same thing. No doubt the officer would have done as he was told if push came to shove.

All a bit of a non-story really. There mustn't be much else around for the papers. :)

so is there a christian police society and if not why not ??

as to this officer > he has no right what ever the reason to say he wont do his duty
if he has issues he should leave the force

we could argue that any squaddie out in iraq puts his family at risk

sack him asap for deriliction of duty

what we are seeing is positive discrimination in favour of the ethnics

why should the british police use black or asian officers in certain situations ?? is there a no go zone for white police i really think you need to get your head out of the clouds and see that this is a muslim saying he is too good to do his duty guarding jews

racist or what ? i am looking forward to BAS view on this subject

The officer raised concerns, the police authority moved him on Health & Safety grounds. What's the big deal, a policeman on the news said it was common for officers to request not to work in certain areas or on certain beats for various reasons, and no-one bats an eyelid.

If you were in the same situation and you had concerns for the safety of your family wouldn't you say something?

Slogger said:
if he has issues he should leave the force

Don't be daft. If every copper with an issue about something left the force there wouldn't be much of a force at all.

No, you are seeing a very minor and unimportant instance that has been sensationalised by the media.

racist or what ?
I don't doubt that you are, seeing as how you keep on bringing his ethnicity into it.

My view, Slogger, is that you get more stupid by the day,

Slogger said:
so is there a christian police society and if not why not ??
7 posts before you asked that for the 2nd time said:
And Yes, there is a Christian Police Association - http://www.cpauk.net/

as to this officer > he has no right what ever the reason to say he wont do his duty
But he didn't say that.

sack him asap for deriliction of duty
He's not guilty of that.

No we aren't.

why should the british police use black or asian officers in certain situations ??
How about because in their professional judgement it is the most appropriate thing do do.

is there a no go zone for white police i really think you need to get your head out of the clouds and see that this is a muslim saying he is too good to do his duty guarding jews

racist or what ?
Of course it is, Slogger, but then that's because you are a racist.

It's also spectacularly stupid. I wonder why that might be?

During the miners strike loads and loads of Police officers had relatives in the mining industry. Next time around there will be a precedent set (by this case) that means they can be 'excused' such duty.

Sponsored Links
Back