My 170cm bath tub is 169cm, how do I fill this gap?

Joined
30 Aug 2019
Messages
475
Reaction score
7
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_3398.jpeg
I installed 20mm backerboard to the side wall to bring the space to 171cm (to allow 1cm margin for installation and tiling). Now I realised the bath is 1cm shorter. Can I glue another set of 1cm backerboards to the existing one to close the gap?
 
Yes, could do what you propose, or make a ledge with 2x1 batten and quadrant tiles.
 
Yes, could do what you propose, or make a ledge with 2x1 batten and quadrant tiles.
Is it sufficient to glue it or do I need mechanical fixings?
The 20mm boards are dotted and dabbed + mechanical fixings, which where a nightmare to fix to the hollow blocks behind
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top