Gap between my bath and wall - how do i tile it???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bathroom isnt square, and I have put in a new suite. but i cant get the bath squared up against the wall (tap end and side) - to have the tap end level I will need to have the side of the bath in my wall.

I have eventually gone with having the side of the bath slightly into my wall - leaving a gap at the tap end (which tapers from 1/2 or 3/4 inch down to nothing) between the wall and the bath.

I dont know how to tile this area - or am i going to have to get a plasterer in to fill this prior to tiling.

This end with the gap is also my new shower end so its gotta be watertight. I'll try and upload a drawing or similar to give you an idea as my descriptive skills arent great on this one - LOL

It seems my drawing skills are to be desired also - but you get the idea anyway (the white gap at the LHS of the bath pic is the gap

Sponsored Links
The only way around that is to cut into the end wall too but this would depend on the angle of the wall.Only other option would be to with square it up using battens tapering off and plasterboard over.

thank you for your advice.

you've gotta love renovating eh, more work for me to do now- lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back