My alarm went off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there
I have recently moved into my first house and our burglar alarm went off today, it said 7 on the little display and alarm was lit up what could of set it off?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
No idea what make and model you have, you had better tell us what it is, or provide photos.

You have got the PIN to unset it, haven't you.

Sorry about that mate I have found a list of the zones and zone 7 is the bedroom window I can't upload a picture at the as it's not working I will when it is. The alarm panel in the hallway is white with a keypad in the top right corner and it has 3 lights on at the moment power, chime and day and it makes a two tone noise when the front door is open and yes I have reset it and it's working fine, the bedroom window has a white sensor on it with a flashing red light and the glass has foil tape around it if that helps at all

do you think window no, 7 might have been opened or rattled?

Any brand name/numbers on the panel?

Sponsored Links
Ah, there is a loose drain pipe that could of knocked the window but then again it's only plastic, another 2 quick questions what alarm is it its white metal rectangular box with a grey keypad with flat yellow buttons and a red display in the top right corner and there is motion detectors in every downstairs rooms that are very yellow and I was wondering if these could be replaced and I have 2 boxes on the outside one is circular and red and has a real bell in it the other is rounded at the sides and has 2 LEDs at the bottom that flash incredibly fast. Thanks again

On the panel there is nothing on the sensors there is viper on 2 of the window ones and shock guard on another window sensor on the motion sensors there is Apollo s

Thanks so much it is a scantronic 9100, are these any good? How old are they? And is it worth keeping because it works absolutely perfectly and is in really good condition and I think it looks good

From 1988 ish to about 1994 ish so old but very good , basic by modern standards , don't like lightning , just keep replacing the back up battery every 5 years , as for the apollos from the same era...

Ok thanks pleased to know they are very good, is the window tape stuff on most of the windows connected to the alarm and can smoke detectors be connected to it because I have 4 smoke detectors that may be connected to it because it says fire on the zone list?
Thanks

Ok well I'm going to have a good look at it tomorrow and get my head around it and see what sensors I have thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back