My boiler fires up every minute, whilst working in full!!

Sponsored Links
Tony
Sorry and thanks for taking the trouble to show me the way.
It is my first time on the site....
Regards :)

The "boiler thermostat" is the components and circuitry within the boiler which turns off the gas when the flow temperature reaches the set value.

Tony

I think this would be the case. Since I have realised that the gas wouldn't turned off unless the temp is close to set value, which, I believe, in a sense prove your point.

I have a thermostat attached to the hot water tank (upstairs) -middle picture - which from your description wouldn't be THE ONE since is not within the boiler. (but I was kinda hoping it was ;) ).
Is the one in the boiler is something like the pic below? - picture right-

Regards

Kavous

I managed to sort it out (for now at least!).
It was the Air Pressure Switch. Had it replaced after seeing it overheated and somehow deformed as a result.
Now everything working just fine.
Thanks for everyone for helping me to sort this out.
This is the like that really helped me to sort this out, so if you have similar problem have look at this link too!
Good luck
Kavous

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35520

Sponsored Links
Just so you know, the Myson Apollo does not have a boiler thermostat. Instead it has a rocker switch, behind the sliding panel, marked HIGH 0 LOW. The HIGH position will give a water temperature about 80°C, O is Off and LOW gives a water temperature about 65°C. This is the temperature of the water leaving the boiler; it has nothing to do with the temperature of the water in the DHW cylinder. The idea being that you set it to HIGH in the winter and LOW in the summer.

Well, if you dont consider that arrangement to be the boiler thermostat(s), I can only say that I do!

Tony

Well, if you don't consider that arrangement to be the boiler thermostat(s), I can only say that I do!
I know they are thermostats; but to the average householder a thermostat has a dial or digital display with numbers. A switch marked High and Low does not convey anything to the user. It might have been more help if the labels had been 80°C and 65°C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back