my ceilings need plastering or overboarding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i need some plastering done my ceilings have big cracks in them will i need new ceilings or can they just be plastered or overboarded? thanks

Sponsored Links
depends on what they are, lath n plaster, plasterboard etc, how bad or good they are etc. Best chuck on some photos then you can get some advice.

thanks for the replys i think ill see if there are any local plasterers that come come and give me a quote thanks

Sponsored Links
i am in ashbourne

PM me your phone number, I can send someone up to look at it.
thanks but its ok , after looking at your profile, i would not be comfortable with you involved on my job , i would like someone who plasters full time and i would also like someone who is mature, no offence but you are not somebody i would not employ

What would you class as mature? over 30? over 50? And are we not all full time plasterers? Just because we reply on here in the morning does not mean were not at work! i have a blackberry( which is getting a bit pink now ), and while im stood around waiting for stuff to go off i can look at the web, reply to emails etc..

Most people do prefer mature people, myself to a degree, but obviousy its your house and you use who you want.

Try and get some local recommendations, see if you know anyone near you who has had some plastering done, and if they reccomend them, thats normally the best way to go.

i am in ashbourne

thanks but its ok , after looking at your profile, i would not be comfortable with you involved on my job , i would like someone who plasters full time and i would also like someone who is mature, no offence but you are not somebody i would not employ

You wouldn't be employing me, I'm far too busy doing work in your area ;) And I only do listed builds these days. But I do know who are the best for the job in your area.

What you should have done is ask for references, I personally have worked on many listed builds in Ashbourne!

I do know that the only plasterer in your area who is free is a part time fireman and he's crap.

Good luck.

What would you class as mature? over 30? over 50? And are we not all full time plasterers? Just because we reply on here in the morning does not mean were not at work! i have a blackberry( which is getting a bit pink now ), and while im stood around waiting for stuff to go off i can look at the web, reply to emails etc..

Most people do prefer mature people, myself to a degree, but obviousy its your house and you use who you want.

Try and get some local recommendations, see if you know anyone near you who has had some plastering done, and if they reccomend them, thats normally the best way to go.

Plasterers don't do mobile browsing, do they :LOL:

[You wouldn't be employing me, I'm far too busy doing work in your area ;) !
it dont look like you busy to me looks like your at home most of the day , still if thats what you call busy

Yes I am at home most of the time, I'm renovating it :rolleyes: But that's not to say I don't have people working for me :rolleyes:

We don't need the work from you, I was giving you an option to have a good plasterer come have a look at your needs. Ashbourne as you know is an area hard to find plasterers.

I smell a rat all the same.

Good luck

i am in ashbourne

what a bellend. some attitude to have towards someone trying to help u out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back