My chair need some kind of legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As you can see in the picture, the two black rings are too close each other and sit on this can be fall down. How can I add some support?
Chair.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you Nozzle!

I forgot to say that there are two holes in the tube and the black rings are fixed to the holes!

They just "snap" in I'm sure. I see what you're after though, I have a "Sabichi" clothes drying rack which has them on the top corners.. couldn't tell you what they are called though! Might be worth searching through the online inventories of these companies that sell steel tube inserts.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Thank you Nozzle!

Yes, I need two such parts at the bottom corners!! Perhaps they will be more expansive than a new chair :)

Can you drill more holes further out ? I wouldn't have thought there's much chance of the chair falling over in normal use

i am assuming the chair is tipping when you or someone else leans on or more on one side only to get up ??

if thats the case you need to put the base footprint outside the handles by perhaps 50mm so extend to each side by around 100mm if it has arms but this will give a trip hazzard
a normal bit off heavy furniture will have the weight to counterbalance most forces when using the arms to get up in normal use

Last edited:
Four pieces of 20mm unistrut bolted to the sides on all four corners should sort it.
If not then get four unistrut angle brackets and eight zebedees and bolt another four foot section along the bottom, front and rear. Then you have the option of bolting it to the floor.
Will be as solid as a rock in a combined hurricane/typhoon/ tornado storm then.

Last edited:
How many of these chairs do you have, and where are you using them?

Please show photos of the sides of the chairs.

You could dig 2 small trenches in the floor and concrete the bottom sections into the trenches.

Sponsored Links
Back