My Christmas Lights 2007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Thought I’d share this years display with you all, click the link below and log into the album with the password "mercury". Then click the sub-album on the left you want to view, front, side, back or technical.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/thomdan/Xmas Lights 2007/My House

A lot less pictures than last year but the display is much the same so nothing much has changed, not even behind the scenes. New additions this year are the LED snowman outside the back door and all the blue LED lights in the back garden are new due to last years all having failed sections, they were returned for a refund and I purchased decent commercial mains voltage connectable ones which are constructed much better than the low voltage ones.

There were lights on the garden wall out the front and the fence at the end of the back garden but both were removed shortly before Christmas due to kids pinching some lamps, I had spares but I wasn’t going to waste them. Both will be replaced with LED lights next year which have fixed lamps.

As always comments good or bad are welcome.

All the best
Dan

Sponsored Links
You need to click on the sub-album you want to view, the display pictures are separated into front, side, back and technical sub-albums. On the page you see with the no content message the links to them are on the left inside a grey box, let me know if you find them.

All the best
Dan

I can see your sub-albums.

Do those green spike sockets close sealed on an inserted plug? If so, where did you get them?

Sponsored Links
Hi JohnD,

Yes they do, they have the silicone seals just like the MK Masterseal sockets do.

I bought them from a website called Eden House and Noma Lites also sell them but not through their website, you have to locate one of their sockists. Also I noticed B&Q selling them this year, my local B&Q have reduced them so if you want one I would nip down and have a look.

http://www.edenhouseonline.co.uk/new/POWERSPIKE

http://www.nomadirect.co.uk/nd/powerspike.aspx

All the best
Dan

With that lot, you should put a charity collection box on your gatepost!

The kids would probably nick it tho, but that would distract them from taking the lamps i suppose, hmmmmmmmmmm!

a charity box is a good idea my grandad has lots of lights. the charity box is about a 1ft cube welded on top of a 5ft post. about 30 inch is drivn down into the flower bed.

it takes about 10 mins of wobbling before using 4m length of 4x2 to prise it out. (gets emptied every night)

as said above i carnt see pics it says no pictures in the folders.

chris

What a lot of lights & plugs :!:

So is the back garden viable from the street or a alleyway then :?:

What lights are running off of the 110V Trany :?:

The timeguard weather boxes are good ones, as that is what I used for my outside xmas lights, & for the temp. power in the covered courtyard for the washing machine & tumble dryer.

The xmas lights weather box

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

From THIS topic

The temp covered courtyard power weather box

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

From THIS topic

P.S. Looking at those pictures made me remember that I need to take down my outside xmas lights, & also that I need to cut the grass in the back garden, as it is so long that it is starting to look like a jungle out there :(

Hi chr15_8,

The links to the sub-albums are highlighted by the red arrow in the image below. Click on each of these to view the pictures in them.

links.jpg

Any probs let me know.

All the best
Dan

Hi mdb,

Yes loads of plugs but all quite safe and everything is RCD protected too!

No the back garden isn't really visible from the street or the nearby public footpath, i decorate the back garden more for my own enjoyment plus my family, friends and neighbours, its not open for anyone to walk in off the street. I often wonder what the people living on the other side of the valley think as every other garden is pitch black and then you have mine sort of like a beacon.

The 110v transformer powers, as your looking down the back garden all the lights fixed to the fence and bushes on the right side, plus the bush outside the shed window. These are C7 and C9 American Christmas lights, i bought them on eBay about 5 years ago, each lamp is wired in parallel so a failed lap wont affect the others which i like and they are easy to set up as they have a socket on the end of each set, up to two sets can be connected together.

For a more detailed overview of the technical aspect of the display and some daytime pictures have a look at last years pictures, here's the link,

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/thomdan/Xmas Lights 2006/My House/

I agree, the timeguard boxes are great. The others i use always have a little moisture in them when i dismantle the display but not the timegueard ones. Its just a shame they are not a little bigger, the one behind the snowman is crammed as the transformer for its lights is massive.

All the best
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back