My decking project - Need Ideas!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I have recently laid decking in my back garden but have gotten to a point where I need to end the decking either side of the step in the middle (see pic). My original plan was to lay a brick wall about a foot in front and fill the void with soil to create a raised flower bed.

This is still my plan however I have never laid a brick wall before and now I'm toying with the idea of building a wooden frame, line it and finish off the front with deceptive wood. My concern is it might just be too much wood with the decking and fence around it.

What do you guys think?? Have you got any other ideas I should consider?

In the picture I have almost finished off the step, I decided to stop until I know what I'm doing either side of it.

image_zps11f358ca.jpg

Andy.

Sponsored Links
Why not just use decking boards down to the floor? Is the wall supporting or just decoration?

Just decoration really. I'm going to cover over the existing flower bed which is on the right hand side of the garden, so incorporating a new flower bed into the front of the decking seems like a good way to finish it off.

How about a stone wall? I think you are at risk of 'over-wooding' it!

Sponsored Links
Light brick/stone wall would pull that together nicely and take the eye away from all of the wood!

Saying that, the easiest thing would be decking boards vertically along the sides. With some garden furniture in there it won't look over the top.

Tidy looking job so far.

I'd got for decking to cover those bits, as I assume you'll be putting some potted plants on the deck or climbers up the fence a it's really the enclosed fencing that's making it look over-woody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back