my engine choking up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help my 1999 vauxhall corsa is choking up due to too much fuel which is causing my exhaust to heat up. ive changed the cat converter erg valve co2 cencor throttle body coilpack all the spark plugs and still cant find the problem. my engine management light is coming on and when left for while its like kangaroo juice. when i first start it its reving up past 3 then dropping down to 0 and cutting out. you have to let the car runing for about 10 minutes but still jerks till you get it running with no problems. please help ive changed all parts and still cant find what problem is.

Sponsored Links
Over-fuelling might be caused by a dodgy coolant temperature sensor. If it "thinks" the engine is cold, it will tell the ECU to supply extra fuel (the equivalent of a choke). I'm not famiiar with the Corsa, but they're often in the thermostat housing or head, and look like a temperature sender.

Sponsored Links
I take it there's nothing daft like a big air leak is there? The big convoluted hoses from the airflow meter to the plenum are quite common failures - usually beteen the convolutions.

MAF suspect. Had this on several cars with a mass air flow meter. Be warned, if it is this, they are not cheap new and sometimes second hand are not worth it!

Back