Peugeot 206 - rough running after start up

ch427,

Not that I am aware of. There is nothing in the air intake hose from the filter to the throttle body anyway.

I will be changing the MAP Sensor and Air Temp Sensor this evening so hopefully this will do the trick.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Morning All

New Map Sensor and Temp air sensor fitted to the throttle body and no joy. I have a new Throttle position sensor on order but I don't know if that will be the answer or not.

Any other suggestion that could be worth investigating?

Thanks

Andy

You really need to replace the parts shown up by reading fault codes and then if still a problem have them re-read.

Sponsored Links
To date Alan we have replaced the following

Spark plugs
Coil pack
Air temp sensor
Map sensor
Fuel filter
Air filters
Throttle idle valve
Ecu fluid temp sensor

I will replace the throttle position sensor when it arrives

I'm struggling now to think what it can be :-/

Andy

Did you reset the idle valve? Apparently the rough idle can continue after part is fitted if not.

From another forum:
Now to the point of writing this guide...

It is no use simply changing the valve without following a reset procedure!!! I made this mistake and what should have been a 5 minute job became a pain as the original fault remained after fitting the new valve.

The following certainly applies to Renault, Vauxhall and the majority of other makers:-
Idle Valve Reset Procedure

When fitting a new idle valve, ensure that the internal throttle housing is cleaned well.

Once the new valve has been fitted, switch the ignition on, DO NOT start the engine, leave for 10 seconds, turn ignition off, repeat 3 times.

Only then, start the engine and take for a drive.

If you follow the above procedure, chances are all will be well, problem solved!

Cheers Alan,

Went through the attached procedure but does not seem to have made much difference. Not 100% sure if its applicable to Peugeots :-/

Andy

For anyone who may have similar problems to this one, it was the O2 Sensor (Lambda Sensor).

It was also a pig to get out of the exhaust pipe, welded itself in, so had to replace upper joint also.

Thanks for all your comments.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back