my first "part P" install..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quoted for a board change and some sockets and lighting in a kitchen.
the LABC fee will be £46...
but as I've never had to fill in a building notice form before I would appreciate any guidance from those of you that have..

do I need to fill it all in and draw up plans etc? it's only electrical work...

Sponsored Links
Cheap at £46 cost.

Did you lie to them about the works value :D

Sponsored Links
Much cheaper than anything I've seen before, but they still seem to be trying to act outside the rules:

3. Relevant electrical works carried out by a competent electrician not registered with an appropriate self certification scheme but able to sign appropriate certification to demonstrate the compliance of the installation.
Application to be made using a Building Notice with a full description of the works to be given.
Appropriate certification to be provided by the electrician. The Authority will register the application but not issue a completion certificate but a letter confirming the registration and receipt of appropriate test certification.

Fee £ 40.00 + VAT

And

5. Relevant electrical works carried out by a non qualified person.

Application to be made using a Building Notice with a full description of the works given.

Registration of application £ 40.00 +VAT

No additional fee to be paid if independent certification provided from a competent electrician to validate compliance of the works.
Acceptance certificate will be issued by the Authority.
If inspection is required by the Authority to validate the works then additional charges as Appendix B will be levied.
On satisfactory completion inspection acceptance certificate will be issued by the Authority.

so they charge you a reduced rate, and charge for testing IF needed, or charge you the full rate and don't charge for testing even if it's NOT needed?
I know which I'd prefer..
and they're not charging extra, just what you would pay anyway if they have to test for you..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back