My floor damp problem

A

alsheating

Hi,

I have a problem with damp, basically where the bay window is, on the floorboards there is water coming in, problem is I don't know from where it is getting in.

This picture shows you the outside, this is the exterior of the bay it is a vertical bay and has no roof but another bay window on 1st floor.
View media item 21081
This is the problem, not only has it seeped in from the bay wall on to floorboards, it seems that it is rising vertically away from the wall also
View media item 21080 View media item 21079
any thoughts....it seems it is when it rains this happens, when actual water is present......is this rainwater as it leaves a white mark when dried, could the white mark decide what is the problem?

Sponsored Links
Why don't you get a builder round to give you a quote, and see what he intends to do to fix it. Then, if you can, fix it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you get a builder round to give you a quote, and see what he intends to do to fix it. Then, if you can, fix it yourself.

Do you advise to intentionally waste a good builders time and money dextrous ?? for the sake of DIY..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back