My Goat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two things have got it today.....

1) I caught the bus into work today, and the bus stopped at some temporary traffic lights right outside my office. It stopped just as they turned red and before the cars had started coming in the opposite direction, so I asked the driver if I could get out here. No words, and he just shook his head and then dropped me at the stop half a mile down the road. Why ? Bus drivers have always let people out at convenient places like this. Have the rules changed or just started being enforced or what ?

2) I don't watch enough TV to warrant getting Sky, but subscribe to the Tesco DVD rental to give us a film to watch on Saturday Nights. Last week I had Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. This week, they've sent me HHGTTG Disk 2, with the bonus stuff on - Again, Why ? I want to see a film, not the bits that weren't good enough to go in.

Actually, its probably exaggerating to say these things have got my goat, but they're both a bit, y'know......

Sponsored Links
1) some bus drivers are miserable jobsworths who stick to every rule in their handbook, and greet every passenger with a frown.

Others are cheerful folk who will do as you suggest - let you off at a convenient spot. Some buses round here, you can flag them down anywhere on the estate, and they will stop.

But think about this - would you be happy after having had 70 rowdy kids on your bus shouting and screaming at each other, trying to dodge fares and throwing things about? Thought not. :rolleyes: :LOL:

johnny_t said:

1) I caught the bus into work today, and the bus stopped at some temporary traffic lights right outside my office. It stopped just as they turned red and before the cars had started coming in the opposite direction, so I asked the driver if I could get out here. No words, and he just shook his head and then dropped me at the stop half a mile down the road. Why ? Bus drivers have always let people out at convenient places like this. Have the rules changed or just started being enforced or what ?

2) I don't watch enough TV to warrant getting Sky, but subscribe to the Tesco DVD rental to give us a film to watch on Saturday Nights. Last week I had Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. This week, they've sent me HHGTTG Disk 2, with the bonus stuff on - Again, Why ? I want to see a film, not the bits that weren't good enough to go in.

The world is full of Jobworths and general nerdowell snides. I live in a council house. I moved in.Total redec and changed two light switches. Got the wiring wrong on one and could'nt work it out so called out their sparks.
He refused to touch it. More than my jos worth sir. All he had to do was put afew wires in the right spots to allow the double switch to work. I have aspecial word for these people and it is not printable.

Actually, its probably exaggerating to say these things have got my goat, but they're both a bit, y'know......

Sponsored Links
johnny_t
why was I strangely annoyed your Goat fred heading wasnt about some strange things you an your goat get up to ... :(

I thought it was going to be about your new wife.

johnny_t said:

he maybe a bit of a miserable jobsworth but perhaps he was covering himself E G .. if he had opened the doors and for some reason you fell off the bus and put in a claim his company would be asking him questions as to why he opened the doors there.. still he may have got the sack then :LOL:

markie
or my door tonight ...lol...lol.....

" I Hate You Butler !"

said in the style of Blakey:. Character from "On The Buses".

Sponsored Links
Back