Covid rules ignored

Sponsored Links
Did you ever think the travel industry, in those EU states would ever ban such a lucrative trade.

I would like to see business leaders on both sides of the Channel, start forcing these point scoring political pygmies to get proactive, instead of destructive.
Tourism income to UK will be equally affected. If tourists have to self-isolate for 14 days on return from a trip to UK, they'll go elsewhere.

Working in a new build college we currently only have 1/3, (650 approx), of the proposed full intake of just over 1800
Students are reminded each day they must wear a face covering whilst on the premises and will be challenged by ANY member of staff and also their peers. Anyone who refuses to wear one, without prior permission, will be given the option to rethink their stance or their parents will be asked to come and collect them from the premises. They are not allowed to leave the building on their own and if their parent(s) are unable to come and collect them immediately the are segregated in an isolation area until they do arrive. If the parent(s) refuses to come and collect them, (neither have refused in the 2 incidents we have had so far), they are advised that their child will be suspended until written agreement can be reached that they will obey the rules of the college. Further transgressions will lead to permanent dismissal. They are also reminded in the texts that if they bring the college into disrepute whilst out in public, regardless of day and time, they will face disciplinary action. So far we have a generally well behaved bunch of students.

Sponsored Links
I dunno, but both scenarios can be true. It
My brother is currently traveling around Spain in his camper van. from Jan 1st he has 90 days then has to come home for 90 days..... He's not happy about that

I told him that he shouldn't have voted Brexit..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: o we laughed.

I told him to get to Gibraltar before the turn of the year.

No he just has to leave the schengen area or apply for residency. Took me 15 minutes to sort this out. Proof or mooring with power and water included and a bank account with 4K euro in was all I needed.

No he just has to leave the schengen area
True, there's no requirement for him to 'come home'. He's just not allowed to remain in the Schengen area.
I believe it's 90 days in any 6 month period. So he's not allowed back in Schengen area for 3 months.
But longer stay visas are available.
or apply for residency. Took me 15 minutes to sort this out. Proof or mooring with power and water included and a bank account with 4K euro in was all I needed.
I assume you've been granted a residnt permit for whichever country it was. That is good for the 1 - 10 years that it applies in whichever country it was issued, (probably only good for about 1 - 3 years, based on such flimsy evidence).
That residence permit is only good for the typical 3 months in other Schengen countries.
  • Will permits issued in France allow their holders to travel throughout the EU ?
  • Besides the holders being able to settle in France, the residence permits will allow them to travel in the other Schengen Area countries for periods of less than three months.
https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique-en/droit-au-sejour-en.html

So far we have a generally well behaved bunch of students.
Yeah, after all the scare stories about students being 'super spreaders'...

"The mass Covid testing of students before Christmas has so far found 0.2% testing positive at one of the universities taking part.
The University of Portsmouth is reporting "very low numbers" of positive cases from its Covid testing.
"We are seeing fewer than two per day on average at present," said vice-chancellor Graham Galbraith.
He criticised a "blame culture" in which students had been accused of spreading infections.
"Prevalence in students is now very low indeed," said Prof Galbraith. "

"The University of Cambridge had even lower positive results last week from tests for those who did not have any Covid symptoms - with zero positive cases from more than 10,000 students being screened."

"At the University of Reading, more than 3,500 tests have been carried out for students without symptoms - finding 15 positive results, about 0.4% of tests."

We had our weekly Covid survey results update today which is measured from Thursday to Wednesday each week. Students have to fill in a questionnaire asking things like if they have had any symptoms, has anyone living with them or in their personal bubble experienced any symptoms, any friends inside or outside etc, etc These, and a number of other questions, are collated against random screening, (not actual testing but observations of randomly selected students to have a chat etc with a pastoral medical tutor), where their answers and behavioural responses to the meeting are observed. Since the beginning of September there have been no recorded cases of suspected infection. One student was tested positive just before college opened but they went into isolation before joining college and had had no contact with any of the other students.

True, there's no requirement for him to 'come home'. He's just not allowed to remain in the Schengen area.
I believe it's 90 days in any 6 month period. So he's not allowed back in Schengen area for 3 months.
But longer stay visas are available.

I assume you've been granted a residnt permit for whichever country it was. That is good for the 1 - 10 years that it applies in whichever country it was issued, (probably only good for about 1 - 3 years, based on such flimsy evidence).
That residence permit is only good for the typical 3 months in other Schengen countries.
  • Will permits issued in France allow their holders to travel throughout the EU ?
  • Besides the holders being able to settle in France, the residence permits will allow them to travel in the other Schengen Area countries for periods of less than three months.
https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique-en/droit-au-sejour-en.html
The Greeks are worried that people will move to turkey to address the restrictions. France doesn’t have the same concern.

Sponsored Links
Back