My hermes help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how accurate their system is?

I ordered something today and promptly called to cancel it. The company said oh too late its already been dispatched yet the tracking number shows not registered via myhermes website.
On my hermes I checked their oh so sht help area which says if there is no detail it hasnt been collected.
Someone is lying or the system is slow to update anyone shine a light here?

Why do they call themselves that stupid name it sounds like myherpies.

Sponsored Links
If it all happened today then I'd say the company are fibbing and Hermes haven't even collected it yet. If they have I doubt very much that have updated their system to show it picked up. You'll just have to wait it out am afraid until it turns up.

Anyone know how accurate their system is?

I ordered something today and promptly called to cancel it. The company said oh too late its already been dispatched yet the tracking number shows not registered via myhermes website.
On my hermes I checked their oh so sht help area which says if there is no detail it hasnt been collected.
Someone is lying or the system is slow to update anyone shine a light here?

The hermes system doesn't get updated until the parcel gets scanned and collected. Shows very quickly after that.

Your vendor may well have it shown as despatched on their own internal system, even if it hadn't been picked up by the courier. If its a significantly sized organisation, they probably don't have the resources to pull an individual parcel out of their system and un-despatch it. Amazingly, its often cheaper and easier for them to have the parcel returned that pull it out of the despatch pile.

If its a small organisation, they're just being lazy as if you've mail ordered it you can just reject the delivery or return it as soon as it arrives.

Whenever I’ve sent stuff by Hermes, I could drop it off at my local shop about 3.00pm but until it’s collected around 1.00pm the following day, it doesn’t show on the system.

Sponsored Links

I suppose if the name is good enough for a Greek god and our flagship aircraft carrier during the Falklands war, it's good enough for a cr@ppy parcel delivery company.

And yes, I've always thought of STDs when I see the company's name on one of their vans. ;)

I suppose if the name is good enough for a Greek god

"Who was Hermes the God of?
Hermes was the ancient Greek God of trade, wealth, luck, fertility, animal husbandry, sleep, language, thieves, and travel".

Hmmm. Not happy about the thieves part! :eek:

OK just checked and see update

20:28 - Thu 14 May
We've received your parcel

So does that mean they've just updated the system or just collected from the outlet company? This is some UK sports warehouse type company.

C4, Joe Lycett's consumer comedy show, a couple of weeks ago.

About missing Hermes parcels .
Appearing on ebay. Put there by hermes themselves (via an intermediary company, iiuc).

When questioned, Hermes reckoned they only did it when they'd exhausted all attempts to trace the intended customer.

Some of the items listed on ebay had the customer's address label clearly visible (and legible) on the listing photos :ROFLMAO:

Lycett's team filmed hermes dropping off loads of "undeliverable" parcels at a company who puts them on ebay, on hermes ' behalf. Lots of these parcels were clearly labelled, as seen on the secretly filmed piece

i had a similar issue with a company for spare parts, ordered and was not concentrating and wanted to cancel the order within 10 mins of placing, contacted them by chat and they said sorry our systems don't cancel at the moment , you can send back when received. Which meant I lost the postage and if not faulty had to pay to return and a restocking charge 15%, as it was only £14.99 plus £5.99 postage.
I received the dispatched email 5 days after i had placed the order and the item arrived about 5 days later (royal mail) - 10 days in all
I always check and double check before pusing the final button, BUT not on this occasion , note to self , dont do this again

Sponsored Links
Back