Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly home automation (although I do have a lot of it), however it is a integral part my life and one may find it interesting.

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
That's a really sweet setup you have there! I thought I was doing quite well but it looks like I'll need to up my game.

Here's mine.

In that box is:

- Cable Modem (primary connection)
- VDSL Modem (backup FTTC connection)
- Mikrotik router
- 8 port gigabit switch (with cables that run around the house)

And to the right is:

- Ubiquiti UAP Lite AP
- Philips Hue Bridge

The AP used to be on my hall ceiling but we're having some building work done soon so I moved it out of the way.

You might be surprised to hear that my job involves building national ISP networks. The tale of the shoemakers shoe comes to mind!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 336
The tale of the shoemakers shoe comes to mind!

A cobbler's children are the worst shod, I think is the expression :)

Yes, that's pretty much what it looks like down the back of my TV cabinet. My ISP router (in modem mode) is in the cabinet and the Nighthawk is behind the TV. Luckily, we bought a new TV a little while ago and you can't actually see anything.

Sponsored Links
Luckily, we bought a new TV a little while ago and you can't actually see anything.

That's why mine's under the floorboards under the stairs. Pairing a new phone/tablet to the Hue is a bit of a pain when you need to press that button!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back