my integrated dishwasher isnt high enough!! ADVICE PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - hope this is the right forum

My problem is this. Im doing a kitchen install at home (havent put the units in yet, just planning)

I have an integrated dishwasher and a freestanding washing machine planned for the same base unit run.

Problem being that the washing machine at its lowest height setting is 850mm so i need a bit of clearance from the underside of the worktop to get it in and out.

The dishwasher has a height adjustment of 820-850mm. max (from the manual)

If they are both on the same floor, my dishwasher isnt high enough to be screwed to the underside of the worktop as the worktop has to be a bit higher for the washing machine -worktop to be set 10-15mm higher than the W/M to get it in an out.

Im thinking of raising the level of the floor (just in the dishwasher area) to about 20mm higher than everywhere else so that the dishwasher can be fitted to the underside of the worktop. Wont be seen as will be behind the kickboards.

I plan on using aquapanel and adhesive / tiles to raise the floor under the dishwasher so that it meets the worktop which will be high enough to clear the washing machine - around 870mm

Anyone have any input on wether this will be ok - i dont want it to foul the opening of the door etc.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Sponsored Links
I had a similar issue when fitting a Matsui dishwasher from Ikea for someone recently.....I placed 25mm timber laths where the legs were to go and slid the thing in, no problem. The plinth fitted fine, and the door opened fully. Cheers John

Thanks John

I thought it would be ok, just want to double check before going ahead with the purchase. I can get a D/W with legs that adjust to 870mm but more expensive.

As long as raising the height of the "little" one (god knows why Baumatic make machines that only go upto 850mm is beyond me) is ok and it doesnt mean that i have a huge gap where the plinth goes and the door opens fine then i may just go with that!

Any more opinions welcome!

Thanks
Steve

For those who read this and have a similar problem ..............

I spoke to the manufacturer (Baumatic) and they advised me to keep the dishwasher legs on their lowest setting (overall height 820mm) and build a level plinth to make up the required distance.

In my case it means a plint of about 40-45mm so im thinking a nice peice of the old kitchen worktop will do just fine instead of lobbing it onto the skip!

Thanks for your help on this one people!

Sponsored Links
Just reading this topic

I have same problem, i have installed the kitchen but even with my integrated Bosch dishwasher on max adjustment on the legs it is still 10mm short of the work surface height, i have used 18mm blocks under the feet but will now put a whole sheet down which will make it easier to get washer out if needed, also floating floor going in front so need the washer higher than this...

Thanks for info Stevethetiler

Assume you know it's an old post, but I went the other way and reduced hight to minimum which allowed enough room to sit on a timber skate I made from ply and four fixed castors, makes moving in and out for maintenance easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back