My Lad's NZ Rugby Trip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My youngest has just had confirmation he has been accepted on a placement coaching rugby at a school in NZ.

It is a fantastic opportunity.

He is to fly out around 11th September and due to return middle of July 2024.

I'm trying to get a handle on buying tickets for the flight. It doesn't seem possible to get an open ended return.

Has anyone ever done a similar thing?

Sponsored Links
Should be possible as it is less than 12 months.

However it's often cheaper to book two standard one way tickets than an open ended return.

And what a bloody good opportunity...

The best team sport in the world (imho), and in the best rugby country to boot! (y)

Just a bit worried that he is meant to be coaching them, but I think it could end up the other way round!

Like when my eldest played Lax, he went on tour to the States and then they came over here.

The US players trained so much more and ran a few rings round the Brits.

Sponsored Links
That's great news he will have the time of his life.

Make sure he takes plenty of Dunkys

You haven't needed them
I can remember the first time I heard the word too. I was about 9 years old and was walking home from school with some older boys when we saw a rubber thing on the pavement. "That’s a dunkey" one of my mates said. When I asked what it was they explained it to me. Turned out it was one of THESE!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Just a bit worried that he is meant to be coaching them, but I think it could end up the other way round!

Like when my eldest played Lax, he went on tour to the States and then they came over here.

The US players trained so much more and ran a few rings round the Brits.
Well the thing is that when people from different countries are allowed to interact, learning goes both ways...

In whatever walk of life and whatever the sport/occupation...

And it enhances the idea that it matters not about your nationality, because we all belong to the same group - namely simple bipeds!

I posted this before (when you first said your lad was doing this); gonna be a tough gig, but what a great opportunity (y)

Tough gig, as NZ are suckled on rugby; even to the point when, the baby is delivered to the father by spiral-pass :ROFLMAO:

i had a distant family member go out for a short while - he was a tree surgeon, and ended up working for a company out there on a work visa for quite a few years , he did have an accident out there and I think once he recovered that made him come back home ,

Sponsored Links
Back