My search for a 1lb Club Hammer

Ahh, that's the correct terminology - must be the way they speak round 'ere! Top tip on drilling holes first - will try next time
Thanks all
SB

Sponsored Links
just a thought sb you can get a scuch hammer might be about the right weight :idea:
APOWERLARGE57539_DESH.jpg

You're right - it is about the right weight, but as I've never used one, they look a bit unwieldy to me. How on earth do you get an accurate 'blow' in the small space for a back box? The way I use my scutch comb is a bit like a chisel - hence the need for a hammer to hit it. Not sure how this would work with the scutch hammer, not sure I trust myself swinging those teeth around! :eek:

While I'm here, I came across such a thing as dead blow hammer - weighing in at about 1lb. Can I use this? I've no idea what they are designed for...

Sponsored Links
I have a dead blow hammer which I would guess weighs about 1lb. As there is little rebound more of the force of the blow is transmitted (something like that). Anyway you really feel you are giving it some welly when you use it and I like using it. One problem you may find is that it's made from nylon or some other synthetic material and although it's fairly tough I don't know how well the face would stand up to use with a metal chisel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back