My showers died and I'm at my wits end....Help?

You need to get yourself a mulimeter, as it will be very diffiult for you to fault find without it. At the moment you don't even know if you have 230v at the shower's input terminals.

Sponsored Links
Dont you think its a little wasteful? Having another LED burning 24/7? Bearing in mind, we're not the only people in the world who dont turn off their shower isolator.
WELL PULL THE F*****G SWITCH AND TURN THE F*****G THING OFF WHEN YOU AREN'T USING IT, THEN THERE WON'T BE A F*****G LED BURNING 24/7 WILL THERE?

FFS it's not rocket science....

Sssh!

You'll wake the baby! :eek:

Now Bas,

Breathe deeply and slowly.............

Doesn't that feel better? ;)

Dont you think its a little wasteful? Having another LED burning 24/7? Bearing in mind, we're not the only people in the world who dont turn off their shower isolator.
WELL PULL THE F*****G SWITCH AND TURN THE F*****G THING OFF WHEN YOU AREN'T USING IT, THEN THERE WON'T BE A F*****G LED BURNING 24/7 WILL THERE?

FFS it's not rocket science....

im confused, so what does pulling the switch do? what has this got to do with me using it or not ? what do you mean by 'led burning'? does this mean the led gets hot and could burn you if you dont pull the switch? should we take steps not to touch the led maybe? why do they fit the led if it can burn you? Im so confused!! :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
here's where my ignorance really starts to show.
multimeter
feeling more and more like a sparky's gonna have to get involved. Done all the obvious stuff and still snookered, don't you just hate that deflating feeling of defeat.....god damn! :evil: Now my hot water for bath (gas) is playing funny buggers, it never rains it pours!! Pun not lost on me there.

Matty,
burning is just a term to explain that a bulb/lamp/LED is lit.

E.G. The lights were burning brightly in the house.

LEDs don't burn as such they glow. You cannot be burnt by one in a switch as they are encased.

....LED BURNING 24/7...
means wasting electricity by leaving it switched on for no reason other than to indicate there is power to the appliance.

I wonder if you have a neon on your shower isolator?

Matty,
burning is just a term to explain that a bulb/lamp/LED is lit.

E.G. The lights were burning brightly in the house.

LEDs don't burn as such they glow. You cannot be burnt by one in a switch as they are encased.

....LED BURNING 24/7...
means wasting electricity by leaving it switched on for no reason other than to indicate there is power to the appliance.

conny, i was bored and trying to get BAS to bite! sorry for wasting your time! Still im sure your input to explain will benefit people who dont understand the saying.

Sorry BAS also. Im playing online lotto instead to keep me entertained insted of your quality repiles, im down 20 quid tho if it makes you two feel better!

Matty,
I too was bored and tired, knew you were a floorer and thought maybe you didn't know.
Ah well, it passed a bit of time. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back