Mystery pond visitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This happened after dark or early morning,What could move my pond covers like this :?: . The fish are were spawning and close to the surface luckly none are missing ,I have seen herons [hence covers] Foxes visit,And I have seen a badger twice in 2 years could it of been any of these :?: Or could it of only been humans :evil:
Picture288.jpg

Picture286.jpg

Sponsored Links
When you replace them , join them together with plastic tie wraps, only a human could then remove them........

people did that, how could they move them that far? as suggested tie wrap the centre

Sponsored Links
I have already put some bricks around the outside to hold them in place,My garden is secluded and has no rear access and I find it hard to belive someone would come into my garden only to do this, I can't get my head around what has happened.I have concerns about the security of my property now.

I would not worry, anyone breaking into your back garden would not just move those meshes and do nothing else.

I would suspect an animal such as a fox/badger. When you look at your meshes it appears that only one was pulled away, dislodging the other.
What ever did it was probably thirsty.

Even a small dog or cat would have enough strength, the frames look quite light.

yes the frames do look light in weght, but to move them away that far?

perhaps some one thought you had koi

have you thought about a pond grid thing, it sits on or under the water, under is better and when done if you so desire you can stand on it (they do in the ads for it)

breezer said:
yes the frames do look light in weght, but to move them away that far?

perhaps some one thought you had koi

have you thought about a pond grid thing, it sits on or under the water, under is better and when done if you so desire you can stand on it (they do in the ads for it)
I have nearly all goldfish and four small koi so they have no real value,People would have to come through other gardens before they could get to mine,
I have seen the grid type covers thankyou.

Its the sort of thing fox/dogs do & they do eat fish. Its a lot better that running after the food or going down a smelly bin. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back