Mystified with car problem

Thanks Jax, a feasible reason for the problem but tried that a few days ago and the alternator is spinning freely unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
If there was something jamming in your bellhousing you'd hear it.

When the diaphragm finger burst on my 1986 XR2 I had no idea of what had happened .....I pulled the box out to investigate clutch drag which was caused by the faulty clutch pressure plate. It was then I saw the damage that had been caused to the bell housing but there wasn't any particular noise - obviously it was many years ago.
I wonder where D57 TCN is now? :cool:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the info!
I really thought I had arrived with that motor.....red with alloy pepper pot wheels :cool: Ford 1600 cvh motor and weber dcd carb - still as slow as old nick :LOL:
After that came a black XR3i and the twoc ing craze that hit us......haven't had a 'performance' car since! At least the fuel injection helped the engine to rev a little.
John :)

Virtually unheard-of these days, but knackered crankshaft thrust bearings? If it runs again, does the idle speed drop when you press the clutch in?

That happened on Triumphs and VW Beetles. Unlikely to cause the engine to lock up.

You can feel/ watch the accessory belt pulley on end of crank while pumping the clutch to check for crank walk.

Sponsored Links
Back