Nagy

Like this? - J22 class
2018-J22-NOOD-Annapolis-byChuckAllen.jpg

Sponsored Links
Probably a fair bit older, with the rudder totally submerged, and the transom more open, with an outboard, I'd guess about 25 hp. But you could stand on the transom more or less at water level.
Only two sails also, and grab rails along the gunnels.
And the bar along the bottom of the mainsail (don't know what it's called) intruded more into the cockpit, at least up to the tiller, I'd guess. Anyone on the tiller had to be aware when going about (I'm getting the jargon), you could duck or lean well back. That bar came lower also, when helmsman, you had to duck down to see what was coming up on the other side.

Maybe something like this
upload_2020-8-6_16-40-9.png

or this
upload_2020-8-6_16-40-44.png

and the transom was more like this
upload_2020-8-6_16-43-46.png

Last edited:
Probably a fair bit older, with the rudder totally submerged, and the transom more open, with an outboard, I'd guess about 25 hp. But you could stand on the transom more or less at water level.
Only two sails also, and grab rails along the gunnels.
And the bar along the bottom of the mainsail (don't know what it's called) intruded more into the cockpit, at least up to the tiller, I'd guess. Anyone on the tiller had to be aware when going about (I'm getting the jargon), you could duck or lean well back. That bar came lower also, when helmsman, you had to duck down to see what was coming up on the other side.
I always found the best bit about sailing was reaching ones destination,or the apre race in the pubs.Definetly 10% of time thinking you are going to die and 90% of time that bored wishing you had!..

I always found the best bit about sailing was reaching ones destination,or the apre race in the pubs.Definetly 10% of time thinking you are going to die and 90% of time that bored wishing you had!..
The beer in the bar afterwards was nearly the best bit, cold biere blonde. Could only have one though because skipper was driving.

Sponsored Links
Bar along the bottom of the mainsail. Is called the boom.

for me it’s the journey not the destination.

Next week I’m taking 2 families on an oceanis 51.1 my first commercial skipper “job”. More of a favour to the charter firm who sorted all my commercial endorsements out.

I went fishing in the Atlantic off Mexico, in a boat that I'd guess was no more than 40ft long (most likely less).
Four hours of the engine groaning, with us alternating between looking down into the trough between two big swells, and the sky.

I wasn't physically sick, but I have never felt so ill in my life ; if I had had a gun to hand, I'd have seriously considered using it.....

What made it worse, if that could have been possible, was the thought of at least another four hours to get back.

I often look at guys in their little fishing boats bouncing in the swell and wonder how they find it tolerable.

sea sickness is your body’s response to a belief that it’s been poisoned. Day 1 you think you will die, day 2 you wish you had. Hopefully by day 3 you start to get your sea legs.

You think trump is like a fire service?

He pours petrol on the flames

After selling the fire hydrants for scrap and emptying the extinguishers, he tells people to go back to their rooms and says there is no fire, it is a hoax, and anyway it is going out on it's own.

So you don't believe it was a naturally-occurring virus.

You think it was engineered in a laboratory.

While I wouldn't dismiss your proposition out of hand, I am of the opinion that the Chinese did nothing to stop the conditions that allowed the virus the develop, and to spread to humans.
I am also of the opinion that they actively suppressed the burgeoning outbreak, by which point it had been seeded across the globe.

You think this pandemic was made by the Trump government.

I am of the opinion that the Chinese did nothing to stop the conditions that allowed the virus the develop, and to spread to humans.

So by "made" you mean not "made the infection" but "did not act swiftly enough to control its spread." And "minimised, ignored or denied the danger."

So yes, that does apply to Trump.

And by dismantling the US Pandemic detection and control infrastructure, did the Trump government make one?

Yes.

Sponsored Links
Back