Nailers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after a cordless nailer and thought I'd canvass some opinion first.

I have an Hitachi gas nailer for 1st fix and I do like it, takes pas gas and nails so easy enough to get supplies. What I wasnt now is a smaller one which will do second fix and also be useful for other things. I have recently been building a lot of gates, dog kennels and similar things and would like something which would cope with these as well as nailing wood floors, architraves etc etc...

I had a 240v tacwise thing laying about which I used a few weeks ago for secret nailing a solidwood floor and while it done the job it did kind of fall apart :eek: It is now stuck together with a mixture of silicone, gripfil and insulating tape as I needed it to finish the job.

What I am looking for is a quality gun which will last, do all the things I need it to and be easy to use.

All opinions gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
I have a paslode 2nd fix nailer and I really like it. Does all I need, and seems well built.

I bought it second hand from the local hire shop, so it has been well abused, and it still works really well.

Most of the joiners at work use paslode or DeWalt cordless pin guns.

I might be wrong, but I think the DeWalt nailers use compressed air from a mini built in compresser, so the don't need gas like paslodes do.

ive got the dewalt 1,its good to a point its really only a finishing nailer panel pin size nails the only thing you have to do is charge the batteries,theres no gas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back