Nails/screws: only way to fix foil back plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of using foil back 12.5mm plasterboard to reduce condensation. Reading up on the subject, it seems the only way to install it is by nails/screws on vertical battens with horizontals at top and bottom. No adhesive at all is suitable?

Would 38 x 25 treated sawn battens be suitable, 38mm face to the wall ie. 'void' thickness = 25mm. I need the overall thickness to be as small as possible, that's why I'd have preferred to use adhesive.
Is it ok to screw the battens directly to the concrete wall with wall plugs?

Usage will be on inside of a bare concrete external ceiling and walls in a porch area which hitherto drips condensation in winter. Should i leave the void behind the foil / between the battens or fill it with insulation? Would there be much difference in overall effectiveness?

If so any suggestions as to what insulation to use?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
To reduce condensation, really need more ventilation and air-flow, have a read in wiki regarding condensation written by JohnD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back