NAPIT electrical installation certificate what should it show?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The work was done in three batches, solar panels fitted 7th of the 9th, returned and fitted iboost+ on the 12th and then fitted the UPS sockets and FCU on the 14th. The paperwork was emailed yesterday. What seems conspicuous by it's abstinence is any figures for the two RCD sockets. It says completion date 7th of the 9th, it was not completed until 14th of the 9th.

The pack has a lovely schematic diagram 1697795995157.pnghowever I have 5 UPS outlets which are in the kitchens so that's a special location in Wales. And to need to turn off both battery and isolator seems wrong.

And there is a option to complete 1697806888773.png but no details, they fitted one I watched them do it, again special location as out side, but no details. Do remember I live in Wales.
1697807192168.png

That looks like the type of meter, not the serial number.
1697807363025.png

Should there not be a reference to the installation certificate?

They are back on Tuesday, so I have the chance to tattle them, but am I being OTT? The panels work, the work is neat, should I just let it go, or should I question them about it.

I can't really say sorry didn't know anything wrong, when I have electrical qualifications, any court would I would think say you should have known better, I am just a little uneasy.

Sponsored Links
The certificate items should have the serial number, and if there is an earth electrode details should have been completed. Should also contain details of all work done either on a single certificate or multiple

The building regulations notification only has the very brief description of the work - that's all that can be put there, it's just a short list of predefined things to choose from. No option to add any extra information.

There are 57 pages in the emailed document, there is a number on the NAPIT document, and one on the compliance certificate but they are not the same numbers, and signature has script font in some cases, but not a signature.

An earth rod has been fitted, and he showed me the reading of around 0.32 Ω which I thought was odd, then once he had left, realised he was testing wrong wire.

I am sure there will be not problem, and the workmanship seems good, the only think I am not happy about is no way to switch and lock off the UPS supply. I don't like trusting a push button to turn it off. I feel I should be able to lock off, even if only using a cable tie. i.e. it should need a tool or key to turn it back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back