Nasty Plastic Tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok..Ive just moved into a new place and the kitchen is done in a realy putrid greenish blue plastic tile..Some of them are melted :rolleyes: I took a screw driver and popped off a tile..( they pop right off ) I want to replace this stuff with something a little more modern and a little less, umm , tacky..My question is how to get the old adhesive off..Its thick like grout but its a glue of some sort..Its about 1/8 of an inch thick because the edges of the tiles are thicker than the tile itself..Is this something Im going to sand off ? or do i need to learn how to do drywall?

Thanks

JiM

Sponsored Links
If it's a drywall ie. Gyproc / plasterplate then I don't think there is an easy way to get ithe adhesive off without damaging the wall, it might be worth putting a 'skim' of plaster over the whole lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back