Nearly Got Run Over Today...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to a very small local supermarket today & nearly got run over. Not by a car outside, but by a sizeable mobility scooter inside the store!

Seriously, I had to jump out of the way to avoid being struck by the thing.

Surely the guy can get off it while he does his shopping? And if he can't walk and shop, he should use a wheelchair indoors.

I understand these things are commonplace in large supermarkets with loads of room to move around, but in other shops they should be banned.

Sponsored Links
The big Tesco superstore by mine has them at the front door that you can use if you want.

Make a little DIY stinger and slide it out next time one is going past, that'll teach 'em ;)

Piano wire strung nice and tight between the aisle, about 4 foot high should sort the problem.

Sponsored Links
Watch out for the bad'uns! Sure they will have counter-attacks to stingers and wire!

mobility_scooter.jpg

why not get struck and put a clalm ln :LOL: you get sad at tlmes :rolleyes:

most decent people dont think like that :eek:

anyway.

true story/fact

for years where i live, Ive seen this od woman, zoom up and down the hill, on her motorised scooter, with a dog in tow.
literally
well after 10 yrs I mentioned it to a neighbor.

apparent she was a right nasty piece of work, and she had worn out 3 dogs. :eek: :eek: :eek:

WDIK, report her to the RSPCA, with a bit of luck they might put her to sleep

Not quite the same thing but a related story and very amusing!

I was on holiday many years ago walking along the sea front at Bridlington with my father. We slowly caught up with two old women, one on a mobility scooter and the other holding on to the handles and walking beside her. As we got within ear-shot, the woman on the scooter told the other lady to stop and head back home now. She said she was happy to walk further. The woman on the scooter then replied, quite grumpily (and i quote), 'Go on, turn around and go back now because i'm going to flick this switch and go like a bat out of hell in a minute'

My dad and I had to find a bench to sit on while we recovered from the laughter. :LOL:

I got clipped by TWO women on mobility scooters last year... living in an old market town we have a very old shopping alley which narrows to less than 6-foot in places so mobility scooters present a real hazard there.

My bruised elbow was definitely worth it: I will always cherish the image of two heavily obese ladies, racing at a very high speed towards a cake and pie shop!!! Shoppers being scattered left and right as they went :LOL: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back