Neat finish - gap around pipe work…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I’ve put a stud wall in and cut the plasterboard around a handful of pipes but don’t know how best to finish it around them.

9C8B7560-3965-49B9-A3A5-A7614FD3BDE0.jpeg
83D6E84D-274E-4F80-AEC2-A2723F0A4AB5.jpeg

Rockwool that I’ve put between the inside and outside plasterboard can be seen at the top. The red pipes are (I think) both cold, and the two copper pipes are one hot one cold.
Woodwork above, black concrete column to the right.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Top of the board should have been closer to the beam to hide the rockwool.

With the small gaps a flexible filler may work well.

The top gap I'd be tempted to cut a bit of plaster board and use grip fill to stick it in place and then finish with flexible filler

It could have been trimmed much nicer you don't have to do square cuts, I'd have allowed extra wastage to allow a clean close fit around the pipes to minimise the use of fillers

Top of the board should have been closer to the beam to hide the rockwool.

With the small gaps a flexible filler may work well.

The top gap I'd be tempted to cut a bit of plaster board and use grip fill to stick it in place and then finish with flexible filler

It could have been trimmed much nicer you don't have to do square cuts, I'd have allowed extra wastage to allow a clean close fit around the pipes to minimise the use of fillers

Thanks for the reply. I would have liked to have cut it closer but I find it so fiddly cutting large pieces and nothing in this house is straight so by the time I’d cut it and got it not quite right the first time, those little bits round the pipes would have all snapped off trying to get it in anyway!!!

good idea to cut a small piece now. What’s best to use to fill up to the pipes (especially the hot one)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back