Need a feed for outside tap?

I'm surprised that BES are supplying that kit. Screwfix not so surprised. Those self cutting taps can be bad news as the cut piece invariably restricts the supply pipe, and the bit of hose, well, I'd stay away. Ideally you want a plumber in to do this, gets it done and out the way.

If you are determined and with limited tools then what you need is -

A pair of these
and one of these

Then one each of these -
Pipe slice/cutter, a piece of 15mm pipe and some PTFE Tape/Thread Loc/rubber washer for the wall plate .

Where it is to be piped is difficult to advise as we don't know where the piped wall plate will punch trough the wall for the outside tap location and you're pushed for space in there. Really the waste pipes would need to come out to give access. The oder of fitting would be > Shut off the water > Tee off the supply pipe > piece of pipe > then the isolation valve > piece of pipe > then the double check valve > piece of pipe > possibly a compression elbow> onto the piped wall plate > run water to clean out pipe > attach bib tap.

In winter if it's going to freeze, isolate tap and leave open
Sponsored Links
It is rarely mentioned but there is a simple thing you can do to ensure a better result.

That is to feed the tap from at least 100 mm above the pipe through the wall.

So when the cold weather comes you turn on the tap and turn off the iso valve on the inside and the pipe and tap drain and so there is no water left to freeze.

Those taps with built in valves are a waste of time. Because they trap water inside the tap which freezes and can damage the tap.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links