Outside Tap - bit more complicated then u will think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’m wanting to install an outside tap inside the garage but right and the front. It will take a feed from pipes that are already there coming out of the boiler

I have ‘fixing’ (can’t think of the term) already in place which is the water feed for the fridge freezer. Is there any way I can use this and attach a outside tap on AND STILL use it for the fridge freezer.

I would assume I’d have to change the fixing for a double bit I’m not too sure a) if this is possible b) what I need to be looking for

many advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know the term ‘fixing’ probably isn’t correct so I can supply a picture of what I’m talking about if the above isn’t very clear

thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need a tee piece, an isolation valve for the tap, and a must a double check valve, and whatever other fittings you need.

I’ve attached a picture of what is currently there, that’s feeding the fridge freezer.

would I still need all of that with what’s here?

thanks

Attachments

• BDAC43C6-E7FA-4633-83C9-102BD97B5425.jpeg
    BDAC43C6-E7FA-4633-83C9-102BD97B5425.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 269
Yes, 2 of the items listed (isolation and double check valves) are imperative towards making sure it’s installed to water regulations. And would tee off the cold supply.

Sponsored Links
If all that pipework is in the garage and it's the hot and cold water and flow and return for the boiler then you really should get all that lagged up. Your wasting a lot of energy there, heating up the garage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back