Need a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys I need some help, half way through a new kitchen, the contractor had some bad news my lovely Baxi condensing boiler needs a new heat exchanger (circa £600 all in), he has suggested a traditional boiler as a cheaper more reliable solution, such as Potton Prima (??), his price for the unit (80,000 thingies enough to heat a 5 bedroom house) @ £700 for the unit and £150 fitting (inc VAT). Question is, has anyone a view on this boiler, it is OK reliable and value for money, what is a fair cost for fitting (it will be fitted to a wall with easy acess and all pipework easily accessible) or am I just a mug with too much money ?

Sponsored Links
Does it really need a new heat exchanger? Why?

including powerflush?.He'd be saving you over £500 on what I would charge you. Didn't think the prima was part of the current range.

thats cheap... but however a prima aint a good boiler, but better than a baxi cond. he cant be making much off that at all.

Sponsored Links
I bet he suggested a Suprima. Primas are long gone. Suprimas are very reliable. You can rely on them to need a new pcb at £230 every couple of years. Sometimes they let you down and go on quite a bit longer;)

£150 to fit a boiler is too cheap. Smell a rat. S/H Prima perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back