Need a Straight Forward System to takle the "So called Rising Damp?"

If you go plasterboard then use damp resisting adhesive but dont go mixing anything with it - best for me is to not use plasterboard but, after removing all trim and skirting, hack off to bricks from floor to ? and render with a sand and NH lime render.
Thats the go to solution in damp work nowadays so dont ever use any gypsum plaster for dampwork.
Leave the bricks for a drying out period if possible and then go on to clean brickwork with the sand and lime only render

Ground to eaves pics gives the full elevation picture.
I dont have a an idea of your floor plan or how the neighbours could be affected?
Lack of a membrane under the solid floors is probably a big cause of your damp
The above, thats what works for me but other guys might do it different.
sorry.. its a wooden floor, this was corrected early on, ta

Sponsored Links
If you go plasterboard then use damp resisting adhesive but dont go mixing anything with it - best for me is to not use plasterboard but, after removing all trim and skirting, hack off to bricks from floor to ? and render with a sand and NH lime render.
Thats the go to solution in damp work nowadays so dont ever use any gypsum plaster for dampwork.
Leave the bricks for a drying out period if possible and then go on to clean brickwork with the sand and lime only render

Ground to eaves pics gives the full elevation picture.
I dont have a an idea of your floor plan or how the neighbours could be affected?
Lack of a membrane under the solid floors is probably a big cause of your damp
The above, thats what works for me but other guys might do it different.
You say dont mix anything else into damp resisted adhesive? I guess it'll weaken or damage the mix? Have you seen a way to use DAB with additives?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back