Need advice!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain why my windows are leaking on the inside like this? See attached.

Will be be down to the pointing?
I know there is expanding foam in between the cavity then its plastered over the top.

Anything I can do to prevent it happening?

Attachments

• 1572777742477375301888603601100.jpg
    1572777742477375301888603601100.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 291
Sponsored Links
Might not be a leak, looks like you suffer from condensation looking at the glass, it could be that the corners there are a cold spot which moisture laden air condenses on

It only happens when it rains which gives me the impression it's coming in somewhere!

My plan is to reseal the exterior frame with sealant and also apply some damp seal to the brick work.

There are some cables on the outside of the wall which have been tacked in, I'm wondering whether the tacks are allowing small bits of water in.

I also think the pointing needs re doing but if I mention that to the council, they'll charge me an arm and a leg to do the entire block!

OK could water be tracking in along the cable, it's why you normally put a loop in before it goes into the wall

Sponsored Links
That's what I'm thinking. These cables are old, installed way before I moved it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back