Need Gas fire removed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am after a qualified gas man to remove a gas fire for a few days while some plastering is done then refit it, It is an old style gas fire with back boiler. Can anyone give me a quote please. Send your quotes to **********

Its in the garretts green area of birmingham

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you romove the gas fire you will need to cap the boiler off as one cannot work without the other....

try a local guy

why are you on an internet advice forum, perhaps the best course of action would be to go on the gas safe website and get quotes from registered members. not everyone on here is gassafe reg.

You only need to slacken the outer cover off to get a trowel behind.

Sponsored Links
You only need to slacken the outer cover off to get a trowel behind.

Joe,yuo really should stick to what you know.

OP. As said find a local RGI.:

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

Ideally you want him to call amm on day of plastering, ad to return as soon as plasterer says it is okay to do so - probably next day - as he should isolate boiler when fire is not present.

Yeah, I know a rip off industry when I see one. He can legally slack it off himself. No need for a gas safe rip off merchant.

I know a rip off industry when I see one. He can legally slack it off himself.
That's as maybe, but how can you tell what he can do if you don't know the OP and can't see job? Also how do you know he'll get ripped of by any RGI(s) if you don't know their identity either?

In other words apart from your opinion of our industry (to which you're entitled) your comments aren't worth a toss.

Personally his opinion of anything isn't worth the 15 minutes a good toss deserves.

He's only on here to get a raise... eventually he will AGAIN be proved a worthless troll and scuttle back to the GD forum.

Yeah, I know a rip off industry when I see one. He can legally slack it off himself. No need for a gas safe rip off merchant.

So, lets take a SP3 as an example. He has to remove the outer case completely,( not diffiicult, but how do you even know that he owns a tool kit ?). Now he can slacken off the securing woodscrews at the top. He can now ease the TOP of the fire by maybe 10mm. The bottom, if it is a nice installation will still be tight against the wall. The plasterer is going to love it when he rocks up to do the job, and the OP says it must be okay to slip the trowel in, because Joe 90 said so.

Beleive it or not, Joe, some people want a quality finish are are prepared to pay what is require. I wonder what renovations are like.

You obviously can't plaster. :rolleyes:

OK what's the going rate to remove and replace (if it still fits after the plasterer had gone).

You obviously can't plaster. :rolleyes:
OK what's the going rate to remove and replace (if it still fits after the plasterer had gone).

I can't recall claimiming that I can! I can't repair TV's either, but I DO know that a proper job will entail removal of the fire.

If the job was local, I would charge about £75 for both visits, plus the cost of a replacement feed pipe if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back