Need Help - Block render / coating advice??? With Picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having a right big problem here. I need to cover some normal concrete blocks in a render or coating of some sort to match fairly closely with the blocks on the below picture. I blocked up an old external doorway you see.

Yes, they are not very attractive, I know - but its a nice house inside and a great location...

Anyway, No one does these blocks anymore so I have to make up some myself (I've searched everywhere on line and out at the builders yards).

Its a sort of grit stone contoured facing. Any suggestions? I imagine I could put a render on the blocks and put the contouring in when its still wet..but would it hold for years to come?

Please help!!

947546616_m.jpg

947564403_m.jpg

Sponsored Links
Are you sure? I can get some that look similar but are a totally different size. Much smaller than the ones I need which are huge heavy concrete block things.

I'm in Wiltshire - Staffs might be too far. Do you know the supplier(s)? I dont know why they dont do them down here anymore, but I have tried loads of places.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - Sadly the blocks are much shorter than mine so are no good. I'll keep looking but dont hold out much hope - so might try to do my own on a test block or two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back