Need help buying a Washer Dryer

I agree, good idea. No point in buying extra insurance...money out the window.

Sponsored Links
Going to buy the LG one tomorrow! Just one thing I cant find anything on the net about is whats actually covered in the Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee?

How much protection does it actually give you? Would it mean in the 1st 2 years I shouldnt have to put my hands in my pockets for repairs?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Thought I better update this thread!

I bought the LG one in the end and unfortunately my worst nightmares were coming to life :(

It does do the much talked about "LG dance" (we call it) When it goes into a full spin.

8 out of 10 spins it shakes quite badly, sometimes walks across the kitchen floor. It is clearly the machine not being able to sort its self out when there is an unbalanced load as sometimes it spins quietly and perfectly. I have made sure it’s perfectly level and does not rock in any direction. Doesn’t seem to make any difference with different types of load or capacity.

I put double sided sticky tape on the feet to stop it from walking across the floor.

Other than the shaking issues its fine. Nice design and features. The drying side of things is useless as expected, taking around 2 1/2 hours to dry a set of bedding. But at last we get dry smelling bedding and towels.

Overall im glad I only paid £500 and not the listed £650. I wouldn’t recommend one though due to the shaking. Sometimes it is violent and bashes against the sides. A washing machine at this price shouldn’t be perfect but LG claim so much but it does not deliver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back