Need Help: Cutting Through Kitchen Cabinet For Access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

It looks like the previous owners of our place thought it would be fun to play hide and seek with the washing machine inlet and cold water valve and as discovered from my previous plumbing post, stuck them right behind a kitchen cabinet they fitted.

Here's where I'm trying to cut to gain access:

7_Cutting edit.jpeg

Now, I've given it a go with a coping saw and a pad/jab saw, but both are very slow and are barely doing the trick. I'm thinking of going at it with a chisel and hammer, but I'm worried I might just end up cracking the whole cabinet.

Another thing that came to my head is the thought of messing up the cabinet's structure. If I cut from the top hole to the bottom, is there a chance I mess up the structural integrity?

I'm all ears for any advice you guys can give.

Sponsored Links
Drill with a small hole saw, or even nastier, chain drill - no-one's going to see it! ;)

...although watch out for the pipes behind!

Sponsored Links
Another vote for a multi-tool here, is great for this kind of task. Possibly hard to justify the expense for one job but if you can find other tasks for it, you can get a no-name one with accessories for £40.
But might make more sense just to enlarge the hole below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back