Need Help Fixing Old russian lighting photoshoot unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I require some assistance,

I work on a very old Russian Photo reproduction
unit called УЛАРУС, the problem is there are no diagrams nor circuit schematics for it.
The main thing that i need are the lighting units, the light is supplied via standard florescent longbulbs, the ony problem is that normally it would be supplied via a Power supply unit that controlled all the systems lighting ( it has rheostat, on off switch fancy shining leds )

QUESTION - how could i rewire the lightbubls to power from the unknown power voltage from a standard power outlet 220v?

what should i look into, and components to look at purchase?

its really important! please help me ! i and faster the better time is really of the essence !

Sponsored Links
what you need to do is get a scope and then get a trace on the delta t

if you have any odd waveforms that will mean there is water present :rolleyes:

i might have overgone with the horrific details, and im good with DIY electronics except on a jurry-rig level ) my main toola are duct tape and duct tape ))) sometimes plastic, cardboard, welding and shrink tubing ))

http://www.persp-ek.ru/cs.html it looks similar to this one, Except an older model with different configuration, instead of having the glass box whith a mirror i have a box with Fluorescent light bulbs, ( that connects to the power box via a 5 pin cable) looks allot like a very old shrunken down LTP port with 5 pins )))

those i need to rewire from the power box
( that died and there is no way testing the power out)
to 220v Wall socket

Assuming these are ordinary flourescent tubes you should be able to buy suitable ballasts from any lighting supplier and follow the instructions for wiring them up.

Sponsored Links
Assuming these are ordinary flourescent tubes you should be able to buy suitable ballasts from any lighting supplier and follow the instructions for wiring them up.

thanks, that what i was waiting for =)

Back