need help in case i blow up my lovely(not) ariston boiler

That"s what I would like to know , would it be better if I get the parts before they come then there is no excuse or wait and see, they know from the service history that they are not working, the last chap was really helpful re getting a new boiler and the best way to go about it but just can"t afford at the moment.

Or could he have been rubbing hs hands in expectation of receiving his introductory bonus?

I suspect they rarely look at the history before they visit anywhere!

If you get the parts then you will have to pay for them!

Wait and see what they say! Only then go into action if needed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Tony, no he wasn"t telling me to go to BG he told me to buy a boiler on offer at local plumbing shop then get an independent to fit, so can"t knock him. Will wait and see I would like them to order the parts before they get here going to ring Tuesday. Many thanks for your help sure I will update soon!

He sounds a genuine nice guy.

You could give him the bonus regardless as all you have to agree to is making an appointment to receive a quote.

I would not normally suggest exactly that procedure as many engineers dont want to fit a boiler bought by the customer and legally if you did that then if anything went wrong the installer would not need to be involved with any warrantee repairs.

If the installer supplies the boiler then he has a responsibility in respect of warrantee work and the best ( like me ) would normally arrange all that for you.

Tony

Hi thought I would fill you in to what happened. After a cancelled visit and a visit to see the parts that were broken I eventually got the parts fixed. Made a complaint about having a wasted visit to see the parts that were broken and order them, thought this was a waste of my time as they should already know what parts were broken on their system. They didn't ..... Eventually replied to my complaint nearly 3 weeks later. Got £70 back which I wasn"t expecting... Made very clear that I was really happy with all chaps that Came out which they said they would pass on. So I'm cuffed . Many thanks for all your feedback

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back