Need help on Carpet edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The edge of our carpet is threading a lot.

We have tried metal carpet edges but they don't screw properly in and also prevent the door been closed. Their isn't much space between the door and floor.

We need a solution to stop the carpet threading.

In the picture below you will notice there is glue between the carpet and the tiles. This is to fill a floor gap between the kitchen tiles and living room floor board.

Attachments

• 14858006711351234707755.jpg
    14858006711351234707755.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 408
Sponsored Links
You trim the door to fit a door threshold bar, though if that were my carpet I would be burning it.

Take the door off and trim 10 -15mm off the bottom and then put it back. trim the carpet to a nice neat edge, though it doesn't look the best to start with, but then that's your choice. Once you've got a nice clean edge, put a threshold down that fits over the carpet edge, something like this. You can get them in a lot of different sizes. Put the metal on the floor and mark through the holes then drill and plug the holes and screw it down

http://www.screwfix.com/p/extra-wide-carpet-cover-door-strip-gold-effect-0-9m-x-61mm/52471

Should work fine

Looking at the rest of the decor - get some gaffer tape and tape it down :)

Or get a proper stepped carpet plate and screw it down properly - so far I see no screw holes from any previous attempts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back