Need help to swap wire on hive thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
293E0D37-48B1-431D-B571-409B98D05A36.jpeg
I have got hive1 - single channel receiver and it has been wired wrong by the engineer who installed my ecoTEC pro 30 boiler.
My central heating won't turn on through the thermostat, spoke to the engineer and he said a wire needs swapping, can someone please help which wire I need to swap. Currently I turn on heating manually through the boiler itself. I studied few posts and seems that the grey wire needs connecting to 3. I would really appreciate if someone can just guide me, don’t want any accident to happen.

Sponsored Links
move grey wire to terminal 3 and leave the CH on constant and if the other end of those wires are correct the Hive will over ride everything else

move grey wire to terminal 3 and leave the CH on constant and if the other end of those wires are correct the Hive will over ride everything else
Thanks Ian for your help, could you please explain what do you mean by leaving the ch on constant? i am a bit too ignorant with these things. Thanks

you need to leave the boiler and any controls like time clock etc set to constant and the hive will over ride them, if you dont the hive will not be able to bring the boiler on

Sponsored Links
Moved grey wire to terminal 3 and it started working.
Thanks very much for your support Ian.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back