Need help understanding radiator dimensions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to find a nice slim radiator to go behind a door -
I found these 2 options but am a bit confused by the dimensions.
I interpreted 'Depth' being the total depth of the radiator including the bracket..ie this would be the total 'clearance' I need to allow?

But if that is correct interpretation then I don't understand why the 'Wall to Centre' measurements given are greater - in the first one for example how can the minimum total depth of the radiator including brackets be 26mm ... but yet the minimum wall to centre is 40mm? Surely the wall to centre measurement should be smaller?

Grateful for advice/explanation to help me understand!!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/barlo-rou...iator-h-600-x-w-800mm/22432?_requestid=118047
DIMENSIONS:
H x W: 600 x 800mm. Depth (min. to max.): 26-36mm (depending on use of brackets). Wall to centre (min. to max.): 40-50mm (depending on use of brackets)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/kudox-pre...single-convector-radiator-white-600x800/26289
DIMENSIONS:
Depth (min. to max.): 50-65mm (depending on use of brackets). Wall to centre (min. to max.): 54.5-69.5mm (depending on use of brackets).

Sponsored Links
Their use of the word 'depth' is misleading. What they are referring to, I think, is distance from wall.

One-stop-shops, pah! Jacks of all trades, masters of foxtrot alpha!

Thanks for the responses

Does anyone know of a radiator which can be fitted so that total depth including brackets is 70mm or less?

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a cunning plan.
Is there any issue with doing that? eg. safety/ performance?

You may experience a loss in output, but I'm sure that would be negligible.
You would have a, roughly, 20mm gap between the convectors and the wall instead of 26mm. Neither here nor there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back