Need help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find something that I can use as a small latch. An 'auto gate latch' (see below link) type of mechanism would be good but I cannot find one small enough.

Does anyone know where I could get one or if not, something else thats simple and small that I could use instead? (make or buy)

The latch needs to be around 15-20mm in size and like the gate latch, opens/unlocks when lightly pushed on the switch/lever.

It's for a project I'm working on. Sorry I can't say more.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/gate-catches-latches/4349624/

Sponsored Links
You could try Googling "cupboard latch" or "cabinet latch" and see if anything there matches what you want.

Yeah I've been doing a lot of that and not getting anywhere. Trying all sorts of keywords and browsing sites and images.

Sponsored Links
It's part something I'm planning to patent so can't go into much more detail. I'm really not trying to be difficult.

All I can say is it needs to be a latch or similar thats small, simple and will hold a small door closed unless the release button or lever is pressed or moved. Once unlocked and opened the latch will 'auto lock' or secure/reset itself when the door swings back shut.

To release the latch a push button, slide or lever will need to be moved, so a roller catch won't work. Thanks for suggestions though.

There's a few latches I've seen online that might work with minor modifications but the best seem to be the push button latch and auto gate latch.

Like your thinking!

Sadly that particular site didn't have a small 'auto gate' latch. It had a Suffolk latch though which I guess is more in suiting with the Victorian thing.

I'm definitely going to check similar sites though. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back