Need loft ladders for very small lofts

@matlob Thanks for the reply.
Looks like a good price.
But as mentioned, can't have it using up horizontal space - in each loft, there is 1 square meters either side of the loft hatch, so 2m square in total.
Getting one of these means losing one of the square meters.

I think a soft close ladder is the best option.
Need some guidance on that... I'll make another post for that.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Sponsored Links
How about just using a telescopic ladder, they collapse down very small and can be stored in a cupboard til needed.

@mattylad yes...
That's what I've decided on.
(My concern was a fairly slippery floor... but I can over come that by using ladder hooks.)
I made a post on hat just now... need advice on what to buy.

Why make another post on the same subject, just continue this one.

How far is it from the loft hatch to the floor?
Also how often are you likely to need to use it? (which also suggests - whats the budget?)

Sponsored Links
It's 2.4m, just measured.

I need to adjust our roof aerial - I need a ladder that is about 3m min to gain access.
(Been faulty for years and years!)

A post I made a long time ago... someone recommend I should buy a good make like 'Spear and Jackson' (I think that's the name). Can't find anything for that online.
Any other brands I should consider instead of a generic one?

There's a ton of ladders available on amazon and ebay.

Getting a 5m ladder will be handy if I want to use outside for something.
Or, should I go for a 3.8m ladder?
Is there a significant weight or height difference?

@matlob I searched for 3 section ladders.
Can't find. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I bought a three section from Aldi a couple of years ago, it was about £35 and works rather well. It has sprung bolts at each side to lock the sections in place, a hinged wire frame on the loft floor, to assist in getting it to the stowed position, a long pole to stow/ pull down and included the bits needed to be fitted on the hatch.

Back